Anand Wins World Chess Championship

Moscow World Chess Champion Viswanathan Anand played his final match in 2012 after he defeated Boris Gelfand.


The ancient games (1 win and 5 draws each) with the same score in the tournament was decided in the tiebreak. Anand quick game 2 of the 2007 title in Mexico, 2008, Bonn, and in 2010 won the Sofia proved enough to keep hold.

Can only rue their missed opportunity Gelfand said, "It was the same match. I have an edge in speed for most games, but my problem is my lack of time - I forget the second and third games".

The "Boris did not win the best day. I was very proud to win the next game." Vijay Anand said that he never was sure. "I never felt as a Favorite. I know Boris very well. I am just relieved."




Tags: , ,

About author

Curabitur at est vel odio aliquam fermentum in vel tortor. Aliquam eget laoreet metus. Quisque auctor dolor fermentum nisi imperdiet vel placerat purus convallis.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...